Summer at Eh Canadian Farm before we sold and moved to our new farm.

Summer at Eh Canadian Farm before we sold and moved to our new farm.
Duke and Duchess stayed at the Eh Canadian location.

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Starting year 16 as Helper/Woofer Hosts

I thought since we are now hosting our 141st helper, that it is time I wrote something about our experience. We have been hosting help for over 15 years; with over 140 people staying with us over that time. Each helper bringing new energy and ideas to our place. We learn so much about current Europe through the eyes of those who have just or recently moved into the real adult world. They are generally eager to learn and contribute their muscle towards helping us expand and maintain our Farm Woodlot. We are always grateful for the help and sincerely hope that each helper believes that we both have benefitted in someway from them, having stayed with us. Thank you. Denise and Loren 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hei Denis and Loren!

I'm preparing a Christmas post for you, so may I have your 'snail post' adress, please?

I see that you still enjoy having wwoofers there. It sounds grate! I have an "active sabbatical year" from my preschool class and I'm applaying sesonal work on Swedish Lappland via Swedish Tourist Association as a host in Ritsem fjäll station/mountain station with 45 beds, a cafe and a little shop. They need one who can speak also Finnish in their five persons team there. You have been often in my mind during my leave and especially after I started to search work possibilities on Swedish mountains and Lapland. So I have one Christmas thing to send you two there in a beautiful woodlot there.
Be well and all the best for You,
Minna, wwoofer 2004