Summer at Eh Canadian Farm before we sold and moved to our new farm.

Summer at Eh Canadian Farm before we sold and moved to our new farm.
Duke and Duchess stayed at the Eh Canadian location.

Monday 2 January 2017

WW 116 Tim from Germany Sept 17th to Oct 13th

Tim sent out a request for woofing, and it worked out that the next day we were able to pick him up in Calgary where he had staying at the hostel. Tim had been back east, and after helping here he was hoping to find work in Banff or Calgary. In the end he couldn't find any work that suited him and after some time in Calgary he returned to Germany. Tim had just finished sort of an apprentice year in business management. And was not sure what he wanted to do with his future. Tim helped pull up the rest of the garden, planted the garlic and finished up a number of small jobs, to the point where we ran out of work for him. Him and I hiked up Canyon Ridge (a first for me) and he went out hunting with Loren a couple of times. Tim plans to return Spring 2017 and we look forward to his return.




This photo is of Tim at the Bass Pro Shop in Balzac near Calgary. Notice Tim is wearing a hunter's plaid shirt. But he bought it in Banff, not at Bass Pro.
Hi Denise and Loren,

I’m happy to hear from you! Sorry for not responding immediately but I’m very busy at the moment which is good. I found a great job I can do parallel to my studies. 
How are you doing? Have you already moved up to the cabin? And how is this year’s winter in BC? It’s pretty warm but stormy in Germany for this time of the year. 

The photos are made in the city I live in now called Marburg and one photo shows sushi-master Tim making sushi for the first time yesterday. Worked out okay until I cut my thumb. So I guess I’ll stick to the all you can eat buffet for 15€ next time and have less trouble and pain :-D 

Hope to hear from you soon
Tim







No comments: